Run out of things to talk about yet!? Andrew Rowan has compiled some great interview questions and instructions on how to record audio so you can be included in a future episode of Beyond the Bugle!
Check out the video HERE! or these are the basic instructions:
Start a voice memo recording on your phone or tablet, take turn asking your campers/parents/siblings some of the questions, and then send the audio to email@example.com
Who knows, you may just hear yourself in a future episode!
Download the full list of questions HERE!
Don’t forget to introduce yourself (your name, where you’re from, and years at camp!)
CAMPERS TO PARENTS
- How does it make you feel when you get one of my letters in the mail?
- What are Mitch’s nightly emails? Do you ever see me in pictures? How else do you know what’s going on at camp?
- What do you remember seeing at Towanda when we toured that made you choose Towanda?
- Packing for camp takes a lot of work! (Thank you for doing it for me!) What advice do you have for a first-year parent packing for camp?
- Tell me how visiting day works! What is your favorite part?
- What skills do you hope I learn after all my years at camp?
PARENTS TO CAMPERS OR CAMPERS TO CAMPERS
- What is your favorite activity?
- Why do you love camp so much?
- Tell me your favorite breakout story.
- What’s something you like to do during rest hour or during a rainy day?
- If you woke up one day next summer and you were suddenly a counselor, what would you do first?
- What do you remember about saying goodbye to me, getting on the bus, and seeing everyone at camp on the first day during your first year?
- What was your favorite thing to eat in the dining room? Did you try any new foods? If you participated in culinary, what was your favorite thing to make?
- How do you know it’s time to wake up in the morning? Who wakes you up and how do they do it? Do you play in the sports quiz or dance to the HC?
- What’s your favorite thing to do during General Swim?
- Tell me about O&A! What did it feel like to climb the rockwall?
- What’s your favorite thing about Mitch & Stephanie?
- What’s your favorite thing about Bob & Amy?
- What do you love about your counselors?
- What does it mean to be the club or the dorm?
- What was your favorite evening activity?
COUNSELORS & ALUMNI (don’t forget to tell us your years at camp!)
- What’s your favorite memory of camp?
- What’s the funniest story (that we can broadcast!)
- There are likely new campers and counselors listening to this who may be a little nervous. What do you want them to know about camp?
- Counselors, what did gain from being a counselor? What would you say to people listening who are on the fence about being a counselor?
- Alumni, who were your favorite counselors? Why?
FIRST YEAR CAMPERS OR STAFF
- What are you most looking forward to?
- What are you nervous about? (We were all nervous before our first summer!)
- What questions do you have for campers and staff who have spent many summers at camp?
- Record a 30 second voice memo to the version of yourself after the summer 2020. What’s on your mind? What do you hope to gain after the summer?